View Single Post
shyBoldgirl88

Member Since Mar 2018
Default Apr 11, 2018 at 11:01 AM

Thank you all so very much for all your responses!

I do know that he has gotten financial help from his parents in the past. I have not confirmed the physical abuse...I do not know his ex and I have never met her so the only indication of the abuse came from his mom. My bf claims that his ex is "a good woman and a wonderful mother but is a pathological liar." She left him after being together 5 years and having 2 kids...so I don't know...

His mom and I have had a really good relationship since we met. So she's either giving me a genuine warning...or is highly manipulative. But I really believe she is warning me because she was happy when we first met and glad that her son had found someone. Maybe she has some kind of guilt of not telling me sooner???

It does frighten me an awful lot about him potentially being abusive. I have never been in an abusive relationship but I have helped friends through theirs...and I know its hell. I also know 9/10 times people who are abusers rarely change. There are are red flags. Mainly his anger...but like I said in previous post nothing physical. He also rarely admits he is wrong...which I think we all can be like sometimes...but he has the tendency to blame others. Which I find extremely immature.

I just don't want to become even more
involved with him and find out he truly is abusive.
shyBoldgirl88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3