View Single Post
Xzillo

Member Since Apr 2018
Unhappy Apr 12, 2018 at 04:50 AM

I have not shared with him what I have written, but I did share with him that I am actively writing in forums. At least starting to. I took your advice and did something nice and we had a very good day 2 days ago. Yesterday I messed it all up again and this time might have been the last. I am starting to freak out because i can't get myself out of this cycle. I am now feeling physically incapable of change. I am broke and can't just get up and go see a therapist here, and I can't seem to get him to understand me. I am not sure what to do anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrashonrepeat View Post
Have you shared with him what you've written in the OP, that you understand you have difficulties with communicating and it's something you want to work on?

Perhaps this is a good time to sit down and take inventory of what specific tasks you have trouble performing and why. Also be mindful of what triggers you to become reactive in a way that isnt helpful.

From there, both of you should create realistic boundaries. Perhaps stick to tasks that come more easily. Find ways to get out of his house for a walk or to run errands.

I would also look into finding a job. I fear you might be growing too dependent on him which would obviously strain your friendship.

If you havent already, I would do something nice for him. It seems counterintuitive but at the end of the day he's letting you live there rent free. I find it's a great gesture and a way to begin anew, this time with a conversation on how to respect one another's space. Maybe develop a timeline for when you might be able to leave.

Hope this helps
Xzillo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote