View Single Post
carcrashonrepeat

Member Since Mar 2018
113 hugs
given
Default Apr 12, 2018 at 10:10 AM

What happened to make you feel like you screwed up? How did your friend respond?

It sounds like you're really hard on yourself when you've done something wrong and you obviously feel guilty for messing up the friendship. I understand that and it's already a stressful situation which compounds misunderstandings and missteps in communication. I'm sorry.

It sounds like you need to apply for jobs if you havent done so already. Sit down and determine how much you'll need to save in order to move out and find housing elsewhere. If you show your friend you are making plans to leave and are following through on this plan, it might help to lessen the tension between you two.

I was in a similar situation a long time ago. It was harder because my friend was in a relationship that wasn't working and it was awkward for everyone. We had a big blowout but I made sure to contribute to a portion of rent and bills, and gave myself a month to move out. We are still best friends to this day, but we gave each other necessary space.

Some friendships are strong enough to endure rough patches, others not so much.

It sounds like you need to focus on getting your own life together. You need to be kind to yourself right now, which I think may also help in keeping the communication open and honest with your friend.

And this is nothing new...
- Phantogram

Diagnosed Celiac Disease 2010
carcrashonrepeat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote