shezbut
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Red face Apr 13, 2018 at 02:37 AM

Hello everyone,

I am on SSDI and am working at a local grocery store, around 15 hours per week. The good news: I just got a transfer within (promotion) and I start next week. I am very excited about it! My boss is now wanting to know what days & hours I'm available to work, and I'm trying to figure it all out.

I have had a traumatic brain injury after my brain surgery, which makes learning new things extremely difficult for me. So, I'm a little worried that I might not do very well trying to recall the terminology that I need to learn. (There are a few little complications actually, but that's not what this post is about.)

The thing is that I need to work at least 35 hours bi-weekly, in order to pay my bills. However, I am afraid that if I do work 35-40 hours bi-weekly, I will lose my SSDI. I cannot afford to lose it ~ AND I know that I can't handle working any more than P/T. When I have worked more hours, things haven't gone well at all for me. I got very sick emotionally and/or physically fast & was hospitalized.

So: How do I balance learning a new job, paying bills, being a mom, and staying healthy all at once?

"Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace."
- Author Unkown
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpforever1, unaluna