View Single Post
k00sojin
Newly Joined

Member Since Apr 2018
Confused Apr 13, 2018 at 02:38 PM

I am 16 and I've been using Internet almost every day since the age of 8.
I didn't even realise when I became so used to it I can't survive a day without it now. I compulsively check social media and read all the useless info I find online. I spend about 7-10 hours on the internet daily. Every time I try to reduce the amount of hours spent online I fail. It's been causing me many problems throughout my entire life; poor school performance, irritability, lack of self-care, poor hygiene, spine problems, social isolation- just to name a few. I forget to eat. There are also days when I have to go to school completely sleep deprived just because I couldn't stop looking at my phone. It feels like this is all my fault but at the same time I feel controlled by the internet. It is so stupid to be controlled by a lifeless object.

I really don't know what to do and I'm getting nowhere. I can't beat it myself and my parents are no help at all. I've tried many different techniques and nothing seems to be helping. I don't even know if I'm actually addicted or just weak-willed.
k00sojin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks