View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Apr 16, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
I only friend those that i know in my off the computer life.....
I am a 100% in agreement. I have one person on my list who I have not met in real life and they are a family member of a close close friend of whom we are in a support circle. I continually manage this list keeping it rather small as such things go. Thus, for me, Facebook is almost entirely a source of communication and keeping in touch with those people actually important to me.

Start by evaluating who is actually of consequence to you and continue to whittle down your friends list from there. Do not worry about ticking them off. If they aren't a n actual friend to begin with it need not matter. It is not like you are going to meet them walking down the street.

Be proactive with your social media use.

When you see something awkward or negative, don't allow yourself to be drawn in. Remind yourself that this is just an alternate view. Remind yourself to that there are countless more persons who don't lean in that direction.

I follow pages that are positive staying away from the political (I can get pretty worked up at what I consider to be terribly wrong in the world). It is sometimes nice to see a daily affirmation pop up in my feed.

Finally, keep it simple.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amandalouise