Trippin2.0
Legendary

Member Since May 2010
600 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 16, 2018 at 03:31 PM

Hi and welcome

May I ask exactly what you find so wrong about her going on vacation?

I doubt your feelings are related to finances as the trip is all expenses paid and her time off work is paid as well.

So I am just wondering wherein lies the problem as you see it?

If you don’t mind I will help brain storm... ( Something I do personally when unsure of the root of an emotion)

• Do you feel incapable of running the household without her for a few days?

• Do you feel upset that she’s out to have a good time while you’re stressed out about finding a new job?

• Do you feel insecure or jealous that she will be gone without you?

• Do you not trust her to go away for a few days?

• Would you prefer she miss her sister’s birthday and wallow at home, miserable with you instead? (Like a “good” souse should)

My apologies if my train of thought seems invasive or insensitive, just trying to help you get to a starting point, so you can address the actual problem.

Personally I don’t see the problem here. I would be happy for a loved one if they had such an opportunity, and the fact that it’s a special celebration would mean I wouldn’t even dream of asking them to decline it for me. I would encourage them to go, even if it meant feeling a bit lonely for a while during a difficult time.

Buuuut that’s just me, I’m not trying to tell you how to feel or think. Just sharing my perspective.

DXD BP1, BPD & OCPD

"The best way to make it through with hearts and wrists in tact, is to realise, two out of three aint bad" FOB...
Trippin2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
s4ndm4n2006