Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2012
58 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2018 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
hi. meds -can- cause brain damage. im not saying that to scare you, its just...it can happen. tardive dyskinesia, the tics and such that come from long term tranquilizer/antipsychotic treatment, is one obvious example.

some people w/ brain damage end up w/ various mental illness labels. others do not. some people benefit greatly from psych drugs, others end up w/ adverse effects and few, if any, major benefits.

i wish i could give you better information or...answers, lol. sorry. it is known that some people on high dose, long term antipsychotics/tranquilizers develop "tardive dementia." its a loss of IQ points, overall functioning, etc., clearly caused by "Treatment." It may be more from the heavy-handed doses used up until the 90s or so (20 grams of Haldol per day was once standard...kind of ridiculous...), but its possible that the newer drugs can cause problems, too.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything, its just...there's a whole lot of unknowns in the world of mental health, in part because...very few (important) people feel like asking basic questions.
whats the solution then?. ive been going in and out of hospitals recently.
InfiniteSadness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady