View Single Post
shezbut
Legendary

Member Since Feb 2009
15.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Apr 20, 2018 at 12:33 AM

While I know that it's an entirely natural part of adolescence, trying to pull things over on one's parents, but I am terrified about what she's going to do next & that she will see such scary things!

For many years my older daughter has pulled big moves on me. Kyra seemed to carry a lot of hurt & pent up anger after our marriage ended ~ she took those feelings out on me. It's a long & complicated story. Don't worry, I won't bore you! Let me just suffice it in saying that Kyra normally respects her Dad a whole lot more than me, so I'm worried how Kyra will behave hen she is with me. Especially now that Dad caught her and took her phone away for a couple of weeks (Kyra's prized possession).

As it is, Kyra is often a big fuddy duddy. Getting her to go out and actually do something can be quite a challenge. Kyra normally wants to go to the mall, but that's about it. A normal teenager, I know.... However, Kyra shares a room with her younger sister (Lena- who is still so sweet) and I don't want all of this pressure to be on her because Kyra can't or won't do whatever. I shouldn't have to take Lena's rewards away because I am afraid of Kyra taking them from her.

This challenge has popped up several times over the years, but it just feels like it is becoming a lot more complicated as the girls are getting older.

"Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace."
- Author Unkown
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote