View Single Post
Anonymous57777
Anonymous57777 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 21, 2018 at 06:01 AM

There are so many medications that can cause dependence (once we start them, it is not easy to stop) which is a scary thing. On top of this, many of us have anxiety--so when we hear negative messages about what we are taking--we can focus solely on the danger and not the benefits. Of course, the drugs we take can have negative effects--it seems like people do not all react the same to their drugs. Right now, my doctor is lowering my antidepressant dose but she is carefully monitoring me while she does this. It turns out that my antidepressant was causing a lot of my insomnia. However, when I was first prescribed it--I was suicidal. At the time, the suicide risk was a greater concern than the negative effects of the drug.

This is why these drugs are only available by prescription. They have their place and some people must take them to function. Before they had their medications, things were worse for them than when they started taking them. So, keep an open mind while being informed and listen to your body. I think whenever you can manage your life without medications--that is the best way to go but some of us find that we really need them. I take mine, in part, so that I can be a better wife and mother--I have made some scary missteps without them. I don't want to put my family through anymore drama so I have decided it is worth it to take them.....
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote