View Single Post
Anonymous445852
Anonymous445852 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 21, 2018 at 03:46 PM

Hi, I am hoping I had my last cigarette this morning. I started in my early teens, but was never as heavy a smoker as I have been for the last 2 and a half years. I've quit many times, there were many years in my life that I was smoke free.

The last time I wasn't smoking, I remember being so thankful and saying I would never again touch a cigarette. It only lasted 6 months, but I remember how bad the smell of cigarettes became to me, and feeling sorry for those I saw that were stuck in the addiction.

Well, I want to blame my doctor. He is partly to blame, in my mind. 2 and a half years ago I had gained about 25 pounds, after six months of no cigs. THe dang doctor commented on this. I said "i quit smoking", he said "BUT, now much weight did you gain?" and after I replied, he, i swear on my life, said "then go and smoke, and forgive yourself for it'..... I was so flippin mad, and I walked around mad that a doctor told me to smoke, because, as he put it "Its either that, or the diabetes is going to kill you".

I still want a smoke so badly. I'm typing all this thinking it will help to distract me, and it does, for a little while. I've never felt such a strong urge to just go get another pack. Although, the fact that they went up in price, and basically I'm burning 50 cents every cig, kind of deters me from continuing.

Any support would be appreciated
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow, CANDC, Rose76, Tiredmom19, YoucancallmeFlower

Thanks for this!
CANDC