Unbrokensoulgeron
Account Suspended

Member Since Feb 2018
1 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisBloom View Post
Millions of people take psych meds every day and live full lives. I'm sure there are some who have been damaged further by meds, as well as those who thrive on them. I've been on and off several meds for 30 years and if I have brain damage, well, no one has mentioned it. I was...rather "unique" before too, so...

You need to weigh the potential positive effects vs possible negative effects. Thoroughly research any med you are considering taking. Look on forums like this one to get other's opinions on meds. Definitely discuss the pros and cons with your doc.

I hope you find answers and get the help that is most beneficial to you.

I tried to tell my friend not to get hung up on the lists of side effects online from psychotropic drugs. Like you said you have to weigh up the positives and negatives. I know that I need mine and depending on what's going on with my life I am fine taking larger doses or trying to reduce. I have successfully reduced my meds. At 18 I did it with olanzapine as my doctor was encouraging. And when I had a second meltdown my quetiapine was put up. But a year ago I managed to cut the quetiapine and I didn't believe I could do it but I have. And it was not easy and I had to cease my college course. It was health before wealth. If I passed the course which I am positive I would have I could have applied to university. Would I have done something practical? No I would have done something like theology or philosophy.
Unbrokensoulgeron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IrisBloom