View Single Post
treevoice

treevoice has no updates.

5 yr Member
67 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2018 at 04:58 PM

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he's "just a jerk". I think that if that were the case, he probably wouldn't have gone to get tested in the first place. Many people in my experience can take one doctor (or other professional/trusted source)'s opinion and say - case closed, this is truth, end of discussion. When in reality, it's never so simple. Just because they didn't find any problems in that round of testing doesn't mean that different testing at a different time by a different doctor might not return different results. Especially as it pertains to mental health, symptoms may not always be present. I can imagine from a human perspective that it's easier for him to deal with a positive test outcome than it would be to entertain the possibility that maybe he needs to investigate further, and he can use the "it's not me it's you" card as an excuse not to deal with whatever symptoms he is exhibiting.

And sometimes, at the end of the day, we just have very different priorities and concerns than our partners and we can't force them to see things our way. The question is, how do you co-exist with that? Have you tried communicating to him the way it makes you feel when he makes those comments?
treevoice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
crushed_soul