Thread: Beanie babies?
View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Apr 29, 2018 at 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozdickens View Post
Do you now or have you ever collected beanie babies? Do/did you have any rare ones?

I started collecting beanie babies when I was 11. I would get whatever I could find from the thrift store. No matter which one it was or what quality it was in. When I got older I started collecting only rare ones or ones with older tags. I go to thrift stores and I only pay $1 or less for them. I’ve made some pretty good money and I’ve found some pretty rare ones.

I found a dinosaur that I paid less then 90 cents for. I sold it for $20 and I found a bee that I paid 25 cents for, and I sold it for $15. I also found a bear that’s not rare by itself but it had an older tag. Which made it more valuable. I paid 50 cents and sold it for $10. Besides that I’ve found several other rare ones or ones with older tags. I always at least get my $1 back.

I had kind of given up on beanie babies. Until I went to the thrift store on Monday. I found another bee, a super rare camel and an orange crab. They are all authentic and they all have there tags including their hang tags. I paid $3 total. Both the crab and the camel I dreamt of finding when I was a kid. I’m not sure if I want to sell them. I do like them and I mean, they are childhood dreams. I’m guessing I could probably get about $30 for the camel and $15 for the crab. Maybe $5 for the bee since it’s not in great condition. But I probably won’t sell them. I don’t need the money that badly.

I used to have quite a few

not so much anymore
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote