View Single Post
Anonymous50909

Default Apr 30, 2018 at 07:38 AM

I know another person - my cousin's fiancé - who says "I love you." All. the. freaking. time. In a sense, it feels manipulative. Because she does not really show it in other ways. She's just very effusive at family parties and says "I love you!" when we text. I don't care for some of the things she does, but I say I love you back, sometimes, because it feels like...especially in person, it's a rejection if you don't say it back. That's why it feels manipulative.

Anyway, I guess I don't freely say I love you? Lol. I think I just have good boundaries, lol. I don't tell my neighbors, acquaintances, friends I want to get to know better, or people who I feel insecure around that I love them.

I do tell my mom I love her. Like all the time. Lol. I guess it's not a word I use freely with others. There is one female friend of mine I say "I love you!" to. Because its true, and she loves me back. I just don't use it freely. I find it inappropriate to do so with the people above I listed (acquaintances, neighbors, etc...)
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote