View Single Post
Anonymous50909

Default Apr 30, 2018 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadGirl View Post
I am super uncomfortable with the words "I love you". I have no idea where it comes from but whenever someone drops that bomb on me it freaks me out. It is likewise difficult for me to say I love you in return (exception being my children) so when I say it it is purposeful and genuine.

I'm not sure what that has to do with your post. I'm in a rambling mood today. Lol. If it felt good, enjoy it. :-)
Ramble away!

At first, when you said "I have no idea where it comes from," I thought you meant you have no idea where the words "I love you" come from. Which actually makes sense to me. Like, we say it to people. But really, to me, it's a form of close affection. It's "I care about you." It's "you matter to me," I just don't throw the word around I guess. There's a Native American or some sort of Indian culture that has no word for "I love you." Heard it on a podcast a long time ago. An anthropologist asked them how they expressed affection then, and care, and they were confused. They were like "you need words for that?"

Anywho, I guess we're all different when it comes to that kind of thing. Some people use it more freely that others, etc. I still feel uncomfortable with acquaintances saying it! (And friends who wish to be closer).
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote