Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 30, 2018 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
Yeah, I read about that, but IMO the numbers are tiny when you consider how many people have been prescribed it over the years. Perhaps those people have some weird propensity to it, or it's a coincidence, or it clashed with some other med they were taking, or a million other possibilities...

Do you feel like other people would classify you as an impulsive person??

(Not to recommend nicotine addiction at all, but the evidence for its cognitive enhancement is pretty good! lol)

I hope that you're not comparing your current cognitive abilities with your previous abilities. When I do that, it's a recipe for disaster. As much as it sucks, I have to accept that I'm not like that anymore, and you probably aren't either, unfortunately

*Willow*
No I don’t think I’m generally impulsive just slightly moreso now than historically....in some ways it’s like if there were a gallon of impulse control that you get through the day, I feel it’s been cut in half, it’s not that I have no control but I can only use the control for really important stuff not food etc.

I considered nicotine it supposed to be a 25% increase or so and you can use the patch but still bad for your heart.

I’m not comparing with pre illness so much as initial post illness values....things have gotten worse, at first they were bad and got continually better now they seem worse than when they got better and I haven’t had more episodes....why is it I can barely focus while reading.....I know I read better off Abilify it’s almost like it stops me from learning.....

Hugs from:
Anonymous40796