View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 30, 2018 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
Once i started them i couldn't put them down. Went through the final book twice.

Now I'm reading David Hume's Enquiry into Human Understanding and I'll be done with the LotR The Fellowship of the Ring by tomorrow. 95% time the books are better, but i think Peter Jackson did the books justice. There is very little he left out in this first one.
So far I am really enjoying it. I wasn't sure if I would, since I usually read futuristic science fiction novels. My mother gave me this book along with The Chamber of Secrets and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I've never read LotR. I've seen the movies though.

I recently read a really good book called Clockwork Angels by Kevin J. Anderson. It was inspired by the Rush album of the same name. I just purchased Clockwork Lives by the same author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
I hope that you’ll like them! I loved them; much better than the films. I first started reading them when I was 17 or 18, and read the first couple. Then I’d re-read the previous ones right before the next one came out. I remember I read the fifth one in like 2 days when it came out, only stopping to eat and sleep a little! Lol I used to be really bad at reading (any book) before bed because I’d only intend to read a chapter or two, and then suddenly I’d look up and it was 3am - oops!

*Willow*
I love really good books that put everything on hold. I used to read a lot. It was one of my outlets. Ever since I got a computer that changed. I'm trying to get back into reading again, because it is so much enjoyable than watching YouTube videos.

I'll be taking a lot of books with me when I move to Kitchener. I think reading will help with the transition and loneliness.