View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate
rdgrad15 Keep striving to be happy and maintain a positive mental attitude! :)

5 yr Member
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 01, 2018 at 11:08 AM

In the past, there was someone I knew that had turned into an alvoholic and even started smoking tobacco and even mentioned about starting weed. All of this, compounded by the fact that she was very stuck up, arrogant, clingy, and judgmental caused me to eliminate her from my life. We weren’t even casual friends, just acquaintances. I was okay at one point with being around her in small doses but not anymore. Well not too long ago I saw her at a local mall coincidentally and even though interaction was not long, I could see how she had changed. She seemed way more forgetful, her negative personality traits seemed to have intensified, and she talked non-stop about drinking. And what makes matters worse is that she has spinal bifida and other medical issues.

Then not too long ago, I heard that she had to have brain surgery due to damage and is having problems with other vital organs like her liver. Even though I don’t care for her and don’t associate with her, I still find it sad at how alcohol can totally destroy a persons life. I am glad I don’t associate with her, can’t afford to be around that. And I don’t like how rude she is. But at the same time, it is sad at how some people destroy their lives due to alcohol and drug addiction. From what it sounds like, she may have gone too far for too long. She would have 12-14 drinks in a night multiple times a week. That can kill you. Now I can see exactly what the effects of long term alcohol abuse can do to you, and it is not pretty. I have learned about it, but never seen it first hand. I didn’t speak with her long the day I saw her but I didn’t want to be rude and blow her off so in the short interaction, I could see how much has changed and not in a good way.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous59898, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote