View Single Post
Pflaumenkeks

Member Since Dec 2015
59 hugs
given
Default May 01, 2018 at 12:47 PM

I'm such a bad parent right now.

I'm writing my bachelor thesis till july/august (and working 30h, having classes, therapy and doing politics), so now my child comes home from kindergarden and is mostly entertained by videos and apps for children.

My partner is also no help (he has dysthymia and is basically always in front of his laptop when he is at home) and so I'm stuck in a position where I don't know if I'm mad at him or if I'm mad at myself.

I tried getting my partner into therapy (which he wanted to do and then quit) and I obv can't quit my job because of financial reasons.

My bachelor's degree is only/still two semesters away and I don't want to stop doing politics because it keeps me sane.

Making schedules didn't work out well, so we wanted to try living apart (so that everyone of us has their explicit child care turns and explicit down times) but it doesn't happen.

Anyone here who has experience on how to break this ‎comfortable cycle and reconnect to a family life? I don't like this, but I also don't know how to change it.
Or maybe someone can give me tips on how to deal with a parent with dysthymia so that maybe this doesn't have to be only my concern?
Pflaumenkeks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote