Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 03, 2018 at 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findingreason View Post
No, you don't sound like you are preaching. Thank you for your information.

I agree with you to a certain extent on the medication. I'm on a total of 7 meds. And one PRN. It is a lot, yes. But its 2 meds for my hormone replacement therapy, 1 for essential tremor (which I had before APs), 2 antipsychotics, 1 mood stabilizer, and 1 antidepressant. Then the PRN is diazepam.

Are you able to cite sources for the symptoms imposed by benzos? I did a little research and found it to be a rare occurrence. None of my pdocs have ever shown concern towards that med either. If it was lets say, a stimulant medication like Adderall or Ritalin, I know those can definitely cause psychosis in patients. But I'm on neither. If SP sees this, I'd be curious of your input on this too.

I know a few others on the boards here have also been/are on two APs as well. I do not want to stay on two APs, but I know right now it helps me stay stable. The ward pdoc adding Abilify did bring me out of psychosis. I still have some symptoms semi-regularly (voices, paranoia, etc), but its not like when I was in the ward. After getting specialized therapy for this at the psychosis polyclinic for a while, I want to request to go off at least the Zyprexa, as it is has the most unpleasant side effects of any of my meds. Otherwise, all that aside, I am actually feeling quite good overall. My mood for the most part is very good, my depression is under control, no erratic mood swings. Subtract Zyprexa I do not see any reason to switch or discontinue other meds as my mental health is quite good outside the stuff I mentioned above.

I honestly don’t know much about benzos other than they are addictive so they are on my avoid list but Like any med ymmv right?