View Single Post
BreakForTheLight
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 04, 2018 at 05:48 AM

I have a coworker that I got along with very well. Although she has said that she doesn't want to form close friendships/get too attached to people in this city, we hung out a couple of times outside of work.

Until three weeks ago, when I made a comment she apparantly didn't like. For some reason that made her snap - she yelled at me then and has given me the silent treatment ever since. The first couple of days she mostly ignored the other people from our team as well, but she's now talking to everyone except me.

I feel rejected and it hurts. Right after it happened, I considered sending her an apology (even though she was the one who snapped at me) but I was both too angry with her for her childish behaviour, and too scared of rejection to try to make things right. And she just kept on pretending I don't even exist.

At first I tried to act normal, but I've noticed I'm also completely ignoring her now. Obviously that's not making things any better and I feel like a ***** for doing it. But it's not only my responsibilty to try to fix things.
And by now I've gotten to the point where I really dislike her. I realize that might just be my very black/white thinking. I know she might be acting this way because she's hurt by what I said. I still think it is unacceptable behaviour. When I look at her, I see a very ugly person. I've seen another side of her that I had never expected, and I think she's a hypocrite. This is not someone I want to be friends with. But it makes me sad, because I am lonely. And although I try to remind myself that she's the one with the problem, sometimes it's difficult to not blame myself.

I have no interest in making things better anymore. At the same time, we still have to work together. I hate sitting directly opposite the ice queen 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.
BreakForTheLight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
circles5, mote.of.soul