Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2015
211 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 13, 2018 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Dead Petals View Post
It hurts to feel so alone, especially when surrounded by others. I know well the pain of looking around and feeling like everyone else belongs. I'm impressed that you had the courage to attend the convention despite your feelings. That takes a strength that not all possess.
Thank you for your kind words!

Although I feel more stupid than anything. Before my very first convention, I actually thought it might be a chance to meet people. I should've known better. (Although that time I did meet two people I hung out with that weekend, just didn't form any lasting friendship)
But by now I know that I don't fit in. And I know I can't do photos and I hate that I can't do photos and it makes me wish I was "normal" and could enjoy these things.

Also, I did meet one person at this same convention two years ago that I still meet up with every year but she only makes me feel more insecure. Not good enough.

One more day tomorrow, then going home the day after that. Kind of feel like I've wasted my time here not enjoying the con more and not going to see the city.
BreakForTheLight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote