View Single Post
Deejay14
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2016
41 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 16, 2018 at 06:15 PM

I just recently completed the process of coming of benzodiazepines. First let me say you really have to want to do this. I did it because I was unwilling to increase my dose any further to get relief I weaned of of daily ativan(lorazepam). I did it with a diazepam taper. You cannot do this fast....The slower the better actually. It was pretty painless, but not without its tough moments. I also found using propanolol helpful for panic symptoms. I brushed up on my coping skills. Diaphragmatic breathing was my go to skill. I also found lots of singing helpful because it forces you to breathe( my Alexa was great for this!). I now take a benzodiazepine at a low dose no more than three times a week-long like 0.5 mg of lorazepam. I am okay about thinking if I really need to take one now. If I feel one coming on or am in a stressful situation it's breathe or sing!

I have found that Dame Heather Ashton's material helpful. I found it easier to use the benzo.uk.org easier than listening to her videos on YouTube

Over the last month's I have been working on get to get of Ambien which was 20mg at the start. I was on that does for years. This also involved another benzo taper with diazepam for a short while. If you are interested see my thread on "Getting off Ambien" I am down to the last 5 mg. Appointment with pdoc on Friday to strategize on the last bit of it.If you think I can be of more help please feel free to PM me.

Best of luck! I wish you success!!

True happiness comes not when we get rid of all our problems, but when we change our relationship to them, when we see our problems as a potential source of awakening, opportunities to practice patience and learn.~Richard Carlson
Deejay14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nana_

Thanks for this!
nana_