View Single Post
smallbluefish

Member Since Jan 2018
295 hugs
given
Unhappy May 20, 2018 at 04:56 PM

context: I identify as genderfluid and AFAB (assigned female at birth).

I've been really down and confused about how to talk to my doctor lately. I've always had periods that were very mild and only came every few months. my doctor's really well-meaning, but she's been putting me on this treatment that causes me to have monthly periods. now every time I have a period it causes lots of issues, like clotting, cramps and nausea, bloating... I want to ask to stop the treatment, but I feel like she's going to talk about how a "regular" period is healthy, etc...

I can tell she wants the best for me but I'm unsure if it's actually necessary for people with uteruses to have a "regular" period. I feel like this is not regular for *my* body. I felt way less worse when I barely had a period.

at the beginning of the treatment she also kind of just assumed I'd be okay with starting the treatment, that I'd want to be pregnant someday and so would need my period, etc.

there are LOTS of reasons I don't want my period (it affects my chronic pain and general low-energy, meatless diet, questions of gender, etc). in fact I've seriously considered ways to medically stop it.

idk, I'm mostly venting and worrying aloud at this point. thank you for reading if you've read this far...
smallbluefish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Keyplayer, Stone92, Wild Coyote