Thread: Help a lass out
View Single Post
EnigmaticBeing
EnigmaticBeing has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default May 21, 2018 at 03:30 PM

In theory, I'm female. I'm cool with the pronoun "she", I periodically wear girls clothes and until very recently I had long hair. However, I feel like if my gender assignment had been based on my behaviour, I would have been male. As a child I liked the colour blue, trains, cars, and video games. I don't particularly feel like either. But whenever gender comes up around my mother she makes pointed comments about how I should, for example, buy girls jeans not boys ones because I should "wear clothes that give me shape". She's been giving me makeup for christmas for several years now, and still seems to hold out hope that she will successfully mold me into someone more feminine (a word which somehow makes me cringe, as I discovered when she described my new, short haircut as such).

The issue is, I don't think my mind really considers gender to be a thing. I will happily recognise other peoples' gender identities, but don't feel like I have one of my own. This doesn't bother me in itself, but is very stressful when I'm expected to conform based on gender assumptions :/ Not really sure what to do.
EnigmaticBeing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40127, Anonymous48690, Bill3, Keyplayer, Nike007, Pflaumenkeks, QuixiHubris, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
Keyplayer