View Single Post
idiopath

Member Since May 2018
Default May 21, 2018 at 06:02 PM

2 weeks ago I completed a course of transcrainial magnetic stimulation (TMS). It was a great success and completely got rid of my depression. It did not completely get rid of my anxiety. So I was able to easily discontinue my Lexapro, but I still take Xanax and Buspar. I think that for some it also handles anxiety, but not in my case. It has made my anxiety only marginally better.

It has a 70% success rate for depression. I think that the full remission rate is around 55%? For me personally, I had a full remission of the depression.

The sexual side effects I had with Lexapro went away within about 5 days of stopping the drug.

Each of my treatment sessions lasted 18 minutes. So I was in and out of the office in about 25 minutes. There are no side effects.

The treatments were once per week day and nothing over the weekend. I had 32 sessions so the course of treatment lasted about 7 weeks. I'm not sure how long my remission should last. I read that for many it will last about a year, and for some longer or shorter. When it starts to lose its effectiveness, I would need to go in for some booster sessions. But they might be just a small number of sessions, not the entire 32.

These treatments were covered by my insurance since it is not an experimental treatment. My portion will come to about $1,300 for the entire 32 treatments combined.
idiopath is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
kecanoe, MDDBPDPTSD, unaluna, Wild Coyote