*Laurie* has no updates.

8 yr Member
5,382 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2018 at 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emgreen View Post
It sounds like you raised her well & bear no responsibility for her present attitude. Sometimes folks can come down with "Ivory Tower Syndrome" - when they assume their intelligence is measured strictly by the number of credit hours they accumulate. No doubt her husband is paying for her tuition, as well as the other things you've already mentioned. She's spoiled...& you did nothing to facilitate her attitude. I just hope that if she should ever fall to earth she doesn't have too hard a fall, accompanied by a rude awakening.

I've always believed that I raised her well. She was a very mellow teen...it's almost like she's going through some adolescent behavior now. Her husband absolutely adores her, which is wonderful, but - yes - he spoils her and she loves it.

I am extremely proud of her. I also realize that she truly is overworked and very tired and cranky most of the time. I'm trying not to take her behavior personally, but it is hard, because the way she behaves toward me is darn hurtful.

However: I hope the same. That when life inevitably throws her a really nasty curve ball she doesn't fall to pieces. If she does fall to pieces and it happens while I'm still living on this earth, it will be me she calls, that's for sure.

Thank you very much for your reply, em.
*Laurie* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote