Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 22, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingof8 View Post
Does anyone else have this issue where they can voluntarily make a rumbling feeling in their ears? It happens when someone (including me) very lightly touches and goes up and down my cheeks, around my ears, around my eyes (including touching the eye lids and lashes), and scratching my head while running fingers through my hair.

It doesn't hurt or anything, and it actually tickles. I looked it up, and it doesn't seem to be serious. I just wanted to be sure.
I can also do this and asked my doctor about it. that part on the outside of the ear is the Antitragus it is very sensative to touch because its actually a muscle in there. way way back in time it actually served the purpose of protection for the inner ear parts of the ear. when it rumbles you know you have something up against your face and too close to the ears. something hunters/ gathers of long ago needed in order to protect their self from accidentally puncturing their ear drums while running pushing through or other wise going through bushes/ trees, ... all mammals have this. bats use their Antitragus muscle it for echolocation. ...

no its not a serious problem its a natural, meant to be thing.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
thekingof8