View Single Post
MDDBPDPTSD
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2010
249 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2018 at 04:55 AM

I don’t think you are strange at all. I feel the same way. I wish I could just stay home, except for my once a year excursion to the beach. I feel so much better at the beach. My family is all grown now and I do miss them. I want to see the grandchildren and spend time with them, but even when the opportunity is there, I won’t go. I am OK enough to do my grocery and Rx shopping but anywhere else is very uncomfortable.
Recently, one of the cashiers mistakenly accused me of trying to steal a blanket. I had to force myself to go back to the store after that, so groceries might be out now too. I hope I can continue doing my own shopping because I like picking out my food myself and planning my meals for the month. It’s the people that I don’t like. Especially that cashier.
I can usually go to doctors and therapists appointments alright but I have been up all night due to anxiety about going to a doctor today. I like the doctor and even his staff, but he has 3 locations and the only appointment he had open was at the busiest office with a waiting room that is usually full and seats at least 75 people! Obviously, he is in practice with many other doctors. The other two offices he has are much quieter and more intimate, with waiting rooms of a dozen or so chairs and less than half full.
I wish I could just forget going at all.
Anyway, I understand not wanting to go through all the discomfort of “getting better” when it just means more people! Ugh! My landlord is doing an inspection in a week or so and I don’t want her in my house. It stresses me out so much.
You don’t sound stressed though. But I am definitely with you in thinking that maybe social anxiety is a good thing for protection.