Nix
Grand Member

Nix has no updates.

8 yr Member
37 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 26, 2018 at 10:11 PM

I would definitely say having more money would be beneficial for those who need adequate healthcare to afford medications and regular therapy. Thankfully for me I have recently switched to Medicaid and that covers everything. I do worry about after I've completed college when I am making slightly more money and do not qualify for Medicaid, but for now I'm trying not to worry about it. I know when I was married and on my husband's insurance through work, basically nothing was covered. I had two medical bills in January for run of the mill visits, and the insurance company paid $24 of the $198 bills. The only reason I'm getting adequate medical coverage now is because I'm a very low income single mother.

Obviously, money doesn't solve lots of problems, but I think it would definitely be helpful. In times when I am very severely depressed or tormented by voices and have trouble coping with day to day living, it would be great to be able to just order food, pay for someone to clean the house, pay someone to organize my finances, pay someone to take my kids somewhere where they can have fun for a few hours, and pay someone to do outdoor yard maintenance.

Then, also, not having to work might be useful in the really difficult times. I know that being employed has helped me feel better about myself and given me something to occupy my time, but when I am having episodes I am often struggling through the day, trying to breathe my way through five minutes at a time. It would be really nice to just be able to volunteer places as I felt able or take luxurious vacations to relax and heal.

I am thankful for what I have, though, and I try not to worry too much but just trust that one way or another I'm going to stay alive and things are going to work out, even if the road is pretty bumpy along the way.
Nix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shakespeare47