View Single Post
surfzulu
surfzulu has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jun 02, 2018 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredandconfused View Post
Hi there motogypsy, I am sorry to hear you are going through this depression. It is not easy!

Are you on any medications for your depression? If not, it might be something worth looking into. I am on an anti-depressant myself, and find it very helpful along with trying to keep busy with routine. Exercise is hard for me to do as well, but I -always- feel better after doing some.

Something that helps me is to write down a list of things I'd like to get accomplished. Then I will do one task, followed by something that I consider "fun" or leisurely, like playing some of an online game I enjoy. Then I do the next task, and continue this pattern. Crossing things off a list sounds so ridiculously simple, but it adds a feeling of accomplishment.

With exercise, start super small. Tell yourself that you only need to do 5 minutes, and work up from there. Be kind to yourself, there will be good days and bad days. Depression is a big monster to deal with.
sandc. Thanks so much for helping us along for so long. It is great work you are doing. Most of the world has no idea how hard it can be for us, so it is important to give back when we are feeling better. Gives me some sense of purpose at least in what can seem like an endless mess at times.
surfzulu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01