Thread: Reasons Not To
View Single Post
LabRat27
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2018
2,354 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2018 at 12:32 AM

• Because a significant portion of the RBCs in my blood came from other people who donated blood to save lives, not so some ungrateful little **** could wash it down the drain and use up even more blood that other people need
  • Because I made a verbal commitment to the ER psychiatrist that I wouldn't, and my word is important to me
  • Because I'd probably end up inpatient this time, which would significantly interfere with my work and force others to pick up my slack
  • Because it didn't feel like "enough" last time or any other time, so why would I think this time would be any different?
  • Because people already see how bad things are and that I need help, and I don't need to prove it to anyone.
  • Because you're not allowed to pee unsupervised on a psych hold, and I really really hate that rule
  • Because cleanup is a pain in the ***
  • Because even if it's shallow enough that I can suture it myself, it will take all night and I'll be exhausted all day tomorrow
  • Because I'm tired of having to redress wounds every morning
  • Because it doesn't solve anything
  • Because I want to be able to comfortably walk long distances and take the stairs again
  • Because sutures are itchy
  • Because it gets worse every time
  • Because with my hemoglobin already this low, a mistake could actually mean accidentally dying
  • Because the people who are worried about me deserve better
LabRat27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote