View Single Post
vafhj

Member Since Aug 2014
Default Jun 05, 2018 at 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafhj View Post
I may have been bullied (Actually it's a given), but most of the times I was hurt by a word, it's because there was a grain of truth in it. Yes, I didn't have to listen to every bad word that was said to me, but it's true that I coasted through childhood and failed to learn various unwritten social rules because of all the adults around me that thought I was really smart and ahead of the curve, and while sort of true, it led to the point that I thought I knew everything.
Also, I have to admit that the reason why I'm still ruminating about my frenemies from when I was 16-19 is not even that I'm especially hurt by the specifics of what they said. (I mean, some of the words they said still sting, but it's the bigger picture that makes me all depressed.) As a 15 year old, I created this own hypothetical situation in my head that I was assured was gonna come true without any effort. That was what I wanted someday, and um, sad to say, but I wanted a group of friends with a very specific set of attributes, that's the friggin' problem. I mean, I'm not friendless anymore, but part of me still feels that in order to recover from my traumas, I would have to have a very specific kind of life, one that is out of reach for me.
vafhj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote