UpDownAround
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2017
493 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
You have lost almost 70 pounds!!!!! congratulations!!!!!
how did you do it?
bizi
who sits in awe.
The single thing most responsible for my success is discipline. Motivation has a short shelf life. This is relevant on this forum because this is also true about beating addictions.

I tracked every single thing I ate, every day, no exceptions (even if I am guessing or picking a similar item that might be way off). I still do. I use myfitnesspal site/app for that. I bought a digital food scale and weigh food whenever possible; guessing at portions is a big source of inaccuracy.

I weigh every other day with few exceptions (weekend away or forgetfulness are the exceptions) always first thing in the morning before my shower. I still do. I set my calories goal to lose at varying rates during my loss, slowing down when I got closer. I eat pretty much whatever I want and just limit portions and make tradeoffs. the calories tracking app also shows me were I am with protein, carbs and fats and I just make sure I am getting at least the minimum of each.

I walk a lot and I don't log it all as exercise to give me more calories. A lot of people get into trouble because some of the walk tracking apps give you fantasy calories (way more than you burn). I adjust numbers based on results on the scale.

|And in the end it's only round and round
|
Pink Floyd - Us and Them
|
|bipolar II, substance use disorder, ADD
|lamictal, straterra
|
UpDownAround is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45829, bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi