Thread: Transition
View Single Post
ArchieAus
ArchieAus has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jun 05, 2018 at 11:33 PM

Well , things are going o.k. for me ..I hope they are for you . I find I still have my up moments/days and my less moments/days . But on the whole I don't have that wild swing of emotion that I did and I found so destructive , am much happier and more positive and the Plan is progressing as per the map .
As I said before , I'm trying to make 2018 a year of self improvement . I guess 6 months in and the euphoria of that has dulled a little . Don't get me wrong the benefits are stunning , but like anything , you tend to get used to something and then it sorta just feels same-same . So I can see that the second half of 2018 will be one where I need to stay focused on those goals until I entrench my new life choices into my sub conscious .
I need to train myself up on something different also though . I have been studying myself regarding ... not sure how to describe it ? ... enjoying moments and success's . Actually taking time to just enjoy things .
I'm sure I wasn't born like this , but maybe my working life has trained me towards being like this , but everything is a task to be completed in the shortest time possible and then to move on to the next task . I've noticed that with goals . I will achieve a mini goal and I don't even stop to congratulate myself . I just go " o.k. done , whats next " So I started evaluating this and I see it in just about everything I do . Coffee and cake with the wife . I am cutting the cake , she the coffee . I cut cake then find myself analyzing her coffee making . Hmm , would be faster if you got the milk now as your waiting , you don't need to pause when you are talking there , you could still be loading the machine ....it's a silly example , but it's what I have noticed everywhere . I don't want to find myself one day walking through an amazing forest following a dream trek ...and just be staring at the map thinking " if I cut through that corner I will get to the destination faster ". Maybe I need to try meditating or something ?
This is not a problem for the moment , but I'll need to try to re train my brain down a bit if I hope to enjoy the experience of things just for the experience alone , and not just see them as a task that needs to be completed in the shortest and most efficient way . Brains are certainly complex . You wonder at times if they are on our side or not ? The journey of reverse puberty continues .
ArchieAus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote