View Single Post
den88er

Member Since May 2018
Default Jun 08, 2018 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
I think that you need to talk to your new pdoc about why she has changed your diagnosis.

Delusional disorder isn't a type of schizophrenia, but it is grouped under the psychosis umbrella. It's generally considered to be less severe in causing functional impairment than schizophrenia, and so that could theoretically cause you problems being on disability.

However, you are the same you that you were when they were calling it sz, and had the same difficulties, so maybe they will go off how it impacts you and not what it's called, idk?? But I strongly suggest getting clarification from your pdoc about why things have changed.

Here's an article from PC about the diagnostic criteria for Delusional Disorder, which includes a little about how it differs from sz:

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/d...rder-symptoms/

HTH, and wishing you the best

ETA: I've just noticed that you are the same poster that I replied to recently about possible social anxiety, and so you were diagnosed with sz in the 1980s. It could be that the criteria for sz have changed from then to now and so you no longer meet the 'new' criteria for sz? Or it could be a difference of opinion? That's all diagnosis is anyway. The other possibility, assuming that you take medication, is that your medication is 'working' to 'treat/hide' the aspects of sz that you had before, and that only the delusions are apparent now - hence the change in diagnosis? Idk though, so best to talk to the pdoc about it all.

*Willow*
Thanks so much Willow. You are definitely an asset to Psych Central. You're very knowledgeable. I called the clinic that I left last month and they said they never closed my case so I jumped on it immediately and made an appointment over there and ask the other Clinic to close my case even though they just opened it. So in South Kissimmee I suffer from schizophrenia and in North Kissimmee I suffer from delusional disorder. I don't know the ultimate truth but then again maybe none of us really know exactly what we suffer from. So many doctors say so many things. I forgot the name of that book that they use with all the diagnosis is in it but I'd like to go into the future 20 years and find one and compare it to one today to see what diagnosises they may drop or change.
den88er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote