Forums at Psych Central - View Single Post - A clusterf...
Thread: A clusterf...
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 10:33 PM

TicTacGo has no updates.

2 yr Member
38 hugs
given
Default A clusterf...

I will try and keep this concise.

I am 20 and was diagnosed with anxiety as well as OCD and depression accompanying that. It was in my mid-teens that I began fabricating the symptoms of bipolar disorder. (more specifically the mania, as I was prone to depression) and go away with it for years; medications, hospitalizations and a few doctors.
It was not until I saw a psychologist that doubt was expressed and I began to realize what I was doing and how much of a problem it became. (too many pills, side effects and anxiety not being easily managed due to limits on what could be prescribed)
So I came clean (well, came clean, lied my way backwards and then came clean for good. That was with my therapist, who fully understood.

My psychiatrist... I went to her with actual depression symptoms. (for 3 days and also the fact I was on a max dosage of antidepressants) So I told her all my symptoms and she was totally prepared to help... that is, until I told her about the factitious disorder for the first time (2 weeks after I told my therapist) and she did a complete 180, telling me that I need to talk through my issues with the therapist and she cannot help with that. That is should pass.
Now I feel, and tell me if I am wrong, that she was shaken... surprised? Taken aback? Not sure what to call it, but she went from hearing *everything* and wanting to adjust meds accordingly, to basically saying that I need to go deal with it. What if that depression got worse? It was already at a bad low, so it could have been a big problem.

Venlafaxine
Quetiapine
Propanolol
Clonazepam
TicTacGo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Hugs from: