View Single Post
den88er

Member Since May 2018
Default Jun 09, 2018 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow23 View Post
Thank you; just glad that I could help. Btw, it’s called the DSM and they’re on version 5 at the moment. And I agree that so much will be different in the future. We will look back on a lot of this and think how barbaric it was, just like we do know looking back.

But I can relate to what you wrote about doctors saying so many different things and not knowing the ‘real’ ‘truth’. In my parents’ city, they are insistent that I am making up everything for attention. Yet, in my city, they say it’s sz. I don’t really agree with either, but I suppose that at least I can understand their rational for saying it’s sz. Wondering if I was making up everything really sent me into a mind **** for a couple of years, and it still bothers me, but I can see a whole list of reasons of why I’ve never done that, and no reasons of why it would be true, so I try to remind myself that what they said about me isn’t true.

Whatever doctors call things though, it’s about working out what works for you. The labels only have the meaning that you choose to give them, so pick whatever one ‘works’ for you, or throw away them all and find your own path. Whatever works for you.

All the best

*Willow*
Things sure will change in the future just like that it has in the past. Back in 1982 I was in the hospital back home in Massachusetts called the Northampton State Hospital. When I was in that hospital at that point it might have been somewhere around 175 years old. In the beginning and had different names like Northampton lunatic asylum and Northampton insane asylum. Nowadays that would seem offencive at least to me it would. The used to be a big whistle on top of some part of the hospital and back in the early days if someone escaped they would sound the whistle which can be heard in the town down below and all the people would run into the houses and lock the doors. Back then it was like they thought the mentally ill were like Monsters.

I was never accused of Faking as a matter of fact my blood family used to make fun of me because of my illness. They were really cruel. But when I used to have Facebook and I was in Facebook mental-health type of groups many many people used to say that their family and friends would say they were faking so I guess that's quite common for people to think that of us. People are going to think what they're going to think.

Twilight I'm going to put on my shortwave radio and now and see if I could find any interesting talk shows. I'll be heading off to Dreamland shortly. You have a good night Willow.
den88er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote