View Single Post
TRNRMOM

Member Since Dec 2011
Default Jun 12, 2018 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_fleurs View Post
Hi! Just curious when Lamictal started to work for people and stabilize their moods if that was the main reason they were on it? I know it is too soon to tell, but I just started four days ago at 25 mg and so far my moods have been cycling pretty fast(every day or so) from depressed, to feeling happy/calm/euthymic, to irritable and possibly hypomanic or mixed. They might be worse than before I started, though not as bad as when I as on Lexapro. Figure I am need to be on a higher dose before it works, too. Just curious to get some feedback on other's experiences, even though I know everyone reacts differently. Thanks!
i'm female, 71 yr. hypomanic w/no depression; use 3 meds. for sleep but have been off mood stabilizer lithium about 3 yrs. after 30+ yrs. on low dose, after it ruined thyroid, parathyroids and kidneys; sleep thereafter is my main issue w/little anxiety around 2pm daily; psych nurse wanted me on 25mg. lamictal and wanted to keep me at that dose to deal w/hypomania and eventually cut back on sleep meds; i researched this med thoroughly and fri. i took my 1st and only dose and documented each and every side effect beginning w/dizziness almost immediately; became tongue-tied where i had a thought but couldn't put it into words; dizzy; nauseated, felt totally mentally slowed down; dry mouth, ears ringing; and after 6 hrs. of feeling like i was having an out-of-body experience, wrote to nurse of psych nurse and said i would not even consider taking it a 2nd time the following day. horrid horrid horrid for me.
TRNRMOM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote