yellow_fleurs
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2018
1,265 hugs
given
Default Jun 12, 2018 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRNRMOM View Post
i'm female, 71 yr. hypomanic w/no depression; use 3 meds. for sleep but have been off mood stabilizer lithium about 3 yrs. after 30+ yrs. on low dose, after it ruined thyroid, parathyroids and kidneys; sleep thereafter is my main issue w/little anxiety around 2pm daily; psych nurse wanted me on 25mg. lamictal and wanted to keep me at that dose to deal w/hypomania and eventually cut back on sleep meds; i researched this med thoroughly and fri. i took my 1st and only dose and documented each and every side effect beginning w/dizziness almost immediately; became tongue-tied where i had a thought but couldn't put it into words; dizzy; nauseated, felt totally mentally slowed down; dry mouth, ears ringing; and after 6 hrs. of feeling like i was having an out-of-body experience, wrote to nurse of psych nurse and said i would not even consider taking it a 2nd time the following day. horrid horrid horrid for me.
I am so sorry you had such a terrible reaction! I really hope you find something better that works. I am not having many side effects besides the unstable moods, but I had a terrible reaction to Lexapro and it is no fun to go through those.
yellow_fleurs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote