View Single Post
seeker33
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
1,603 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 13, 2018 at 08:01 AM

I absolutely feel for you! Something very similar happened to me, only with Christianity!
It's so exhausting! I have such a tough time because I've lost my spiritual identity. It's extremely painful and I feel so empty, constantly looking for something to fill the hole...
I think losing one's religion is difficult when one decides to research it their religion is correct. But when someone is "forced" to lose it at the time when they need to prove it, when their life depends on spiritually and its taken from them "violently", that can indeed cause a deep trauma. I believe I suffer from trauma caused by losing my faith involuntarily.
What hurts a lot is that people don't understand. They'll tell you oh cool how you're free, do whatever you want. Religious people will tell you to believe without evidence. Or they'll give you arguments that you used to believe but make no sense anymore.
People on both sides assume your situation can be easily solved and it's not a big deal. Yet you're dieing inside and can't do anything to solve the conflict. You may try things, you may try to "forget" or you may try to "keep believing without feelings or evidence, by pure will power". Neither of these works. It drives me crazy. It causes me so much pain and even more pain is caused by feeling absolutely alone and misunderstood by everyone.
seeker33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote