View Single Post
sarac93
Newly Joined

Member Since Jun 2018
Default Jun 14, 2018 at 05:12 PM

7 years ago there was a period in which I was suffering from major depression. I remember failing all my classes in the first semester. I remember feeling lonely. I had no friends. I didn't talk to anyone, not even my parents. I was extremely tired and I was doing nothing. i felt sad or irritable nearly every day.
I started to take an interest in religious, althouth I was previously a convinced atheist. I did it because I felt helpless and I need someone, a god perhaps, to help me feel better.

So I studied all there was to know about christianity and islam, I studied the differences between the two systems. I studied both the bible and the quran. At first it was just curiosity, I didn't believe in anything yet. I quickly became obsessed with all that and even though I lacked concentration, my motivation to learn allowed me to keep reading. In the islamic text there were descriptions about angels and demons, and I started to believe in them. My atheist self told me, what...why are you engaging in this nonsense?

But my pain was strong and I desperately needed to believe in something. So I started to talk to angels. I knew they were listening to me, because I thought I was special. I thought I was one of the few unique beings who could interact with angels. I felt their presence everywhere I went. I even thought they were talking to me through the radio or through my schoolbooks. I didn't hear their voices, but somehow I new that the random presenter on tv was talking directly to me, and that angels put their words into their mouth.

Then I became interested in demons. I once tried to concentrate and to talk to one. The demons in the islamic tradition have different names, I don't remember which one I talked to.
Anyway while I was asking him to show his presence to me I heard a voice in the room, which sounded like a man with a deep voice. He talked for five minutes in a language I didn't understand. I don't even know if it was a language or just random sounds put together. I heard that voice for a couple of minutes.
That was the one and only time in my life I've heard a voice that came out of nowhere.
I didn't go out much, but when I walked to school I kept feeling a malign presence following me. So I became paranoid, because everywhere I was the demon was with me.

I thought he could read my mind, so I tried to block every thought in my head, and to think about silly stuff like what's in the fridge this morning? My obsession with angels and demons lasted for 4 months.

Then my mom found out that I was studying the quran and she slapped me, because she was a catholic.
Then I started to feel sad. I thought that I should stop showing that I was obsessed about this stuff because it made her feel bad. Then I thought about my health: it wasn't good for me to obsess about something so much, it wasn't good that I was paranoid, that I thought demons read my mind. I started to question the validity of my beliefs. Were they real or not? It took a lot of self-convicing to show myself that it wasn't real. I meditated to get read of unwanted thoughts, and after more than 5 months I started to feel better. At that point I questioned my sanity.

I don't know if what I experienced was psychosis or I was just thinking like a fanatic, or if really supernatural beings exist. I'm an agnostic now.
What I know is that that was a dark period in my life. I will never read a religious book again, that's for sure. What I experienced was definetly phatological even if there could not be anything written in the dsm 5 about all that.

What do you guys think happened to me?
sarac93 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Skeezyks