View Single Post
inkblot
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2003
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2008 at 03:39 PM

He's a really great doc! He works internal medicine but plays the part of a T now and then. Actually, it's pretty much every time I go in. He has me automatically booked for half-hour appointments instead of the 15 minutes that patients usually get. He's got better at playing the role of a T. I clue him sometimes on what to do and how I work via my obnoxious emails to him. He's really sweet for what he puts up with for me. It's unbelievable! I saw him yesterday. He knows a couple of my hardest topics and jumped right in to them. I have bad dreams (not nightmares) about them often. Too many emotions and reactions. I was a no-show for my last appointment because of a dream that I had about my kids. I finally made it in. I know it was good for me even though the discussion of such things is emotionally triggering. I wish that didn't have to happen but I know it's the only way for any healing. He's been tolerant and so understanding of me, I wish that I could repay him. I know that I will someday when things are working better with me. The emails to him will cut down. (I would bet that he'll probably almost miss them when that time comes, LOL!) He's not great at the psych stuff. I try to email him "tips" once in a while. But he's the best I've got right now. I'm very lucky to have him!

Hugs from:
1976kitchenfloor, precaryous