View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jun 17, 2018 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal93 View Post
so I wonder if there is anything you can do about that. Maybe you can also consult the professionals to find out more about why you can't lose weight the way you want.
I feel like I have "done it all" I have consulted every professional out there multiple times. I feel like they are clueless. I have done every possible thing at my workplace. I truly don't have any thoughts on what might work. I feel like I have tried everything. The work is a particular kind of work where it is expected that it comes first even if you want to go to lunch or not stay late. Additionally I have tried for years to kindly suggest to people that I don't want to go out to eat because I can't take a high calorie meal but they just don't get it.

Of course, they can't. For them a large meal won't do much. For me it derails me for the week. They just can't understand and then assume I don't want to eat with them.

I did decide to give it one more try. I discovered a few things that might give me hope.

What I need to find is a way to reduce the calories I consume. Even If I could do so by 200 calories per day. I happened to find a few interesting things this weekend that gave me some hope. I decided to try and find out why I seem to take in so many calories. I looked to see if there was any evidence that some people could absorb more calories and apparently, yes. A calorie is not a calorie.

Highly processed food is easily digested and so you get the FULL calories the food has. While some non processed foods... are not easily digested and it takes more work for you to digest it.

So 200 calories of Hershey's Nuggets is 200 calories (I suspect more)
But 200 calories of Peanuts is really 170 because not all of it is digested and your body will use more energy to try to digest it.

Also, I discovered that you can change foods into less available food just by chilling it. If you take rice, cook it, chill it and then eat it.. you can save calories because this process turns some of it into resistant starch. Resistant starch resists digestion. So you don't get as many calories and it takes more effort to try to digest.

You can even reduce the calories in bread by chilling it or letting it get stale. (usually via fridge).

What I have just talked about is factual, you can find it in Scientific American, but no professional has ever told me it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote