Sometimes psychotic
Legendary Wise Elder

Sometimes psychotic Typo queen !

10 yr Member
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 20, 2018 at 03:08 PM

So have you ever had one of those things you thought was delusional but turned out the be true? For pretty much since I’ve had hallucinations I thought they were coming from the right brain 🧠 guess what they do!

Here is a paper on it....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...pdf/sbp081.pdf

Importantly the right side of the brain is shown on the left in mris like you’re looking at the patient.

My brain kept telling me I needed to integrate right and left brain thought to stop the hallucinations.

Interestingly there is a gene called disc1 that is famously associated with sz but is also required for formation of the corpus callosum which interconnects the hemispheres of the brain.

I’m just wondering if anyone else felt their hallucinations began on the right whether internal or external. For me I had to do activities that use both sides of the brain to stop it....example art, when I drew a straight line it was left brain, when I drew a curve it was right, forming an object required integrating both sides of the brain. Same with singing...I needed right brain for that where as typical spoken language came from the left. I’m wondering if I became aware of unconscious processes during my time of psychosis.

It sounds well crazy, haha but what if it’s true. Any thoughts?

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster