View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2018 at 09:57 AM

I was kind of thrown into living on my own after the death of my mom, and I truly was not ready for it. The schizoaffective made it terrible. I had initially thought I was really doing good. I wasn't really aware that I wasn't cleaning my apartment for several months and barely getting out of bed, delusional half of the time, just having trouble upon trouble, in my mind nothing was wrong. I am able to handle it now but it took almost 2 years for me to get the hang of it. and being a lot more stable has helped. I think it would have been hard for me even without the mental problems, they just made it a complete nightmare. I was in my own world, never leaving the house.

I'm not trying to scare you, living on your own is a wonderful thing, and now I'm actually doing very well with it but it's something you've really got to prepare for. There are things that can help the transition though case managers, etc.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, jaynedough, zapatoes

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, RainyDay107