View Single Post
MRT6211

Member Since Dec 2016
208 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2018 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcl6136 View Post
are there other possible explanations than the ones you offer? Maybe she got busy with something that was more urgent but no more important than calling you? That this is not in any rational way a referendum on her feelings about you. Can you recall the good feelings that she gave you which are YOURS to keep forever?

You are obviously very bright, but you do not own a crystal ball and you cannot see "how the future is always going to be."

What are some of the self-care tactics that you have at your disposal now?
I feel stupid now because I did overreact. She called me later and apologized because she was working through lunch on something else unexpected, and she called me as soon as she had time. She calmed me down a lot and told me that she will never forget about me and she’ll be there as long as I need her to be. I know she cares a lot about me, I just have a hard time feeling it sometimes. She said that she will show her emotion about this eventually, but that she needs to make sure I’m okay first before she can do that. I, in some ways love her like a child loves their mother. And she knows that on some level. And I know she doesn’t/can’t love me like that, but I know she does care about me like a mother does for her child. This is hard to deal with.
MRT6211 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
coolibrarian, LonesomeTonight