View Single Post
feileacan
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2016
112 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2018 at 05:05 PM

Yes, I'm totally confident that no topic is off-limits in my therapy. It does not mean that I'm able open my mouth and say those things though.

Mostly I'm unable to talk about myself because I don't seem to find myself in therapy session.

I have no problems in bringing up questions about my T and letting him carry the full weight of me demanding the answer and figuring out whether I really want/need the answer or I'm just testing him. Sometimes he gets it wrong and answers and then I feel that he shouldn't have done it and then I hurl against him with accusations and complaints how he should not have answered.

Also, I have yelled at my T and cursed him and also said some very mean things about him and his family and no - it is not off-limits in my therapy.
The only things he does not allow is aggressive or self-harming behaviour - throwing or breaking things, threatening or attacking him physically, slamming the door, hitting or harming myself in session. How do I know that these are off-limits? Because I've done them all and always a discussion initiated by T has followed about whether I am able to tolerate the treatment or whether I should start taking medication or even stop seeing him altogether because if I can't control my behaviour in these aspects then he can't help me.
feileacan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, SalingerEsme