View Single Post
Anonymous45521
Anonymous45521 has no updates. Edit

Default Jun 30, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortie View Post
So my question to myself is, why can I no longer just eat and exercise normally, and allow the weight to come off slowly? And slowly it will come off. I have lost 70lbs before, and I ate sanely, and exercised daily for 3 months before I lost a single pound. Meds will do that do you..but I did lose weight and I did keep it off for 5 years. .
I feel like dieting takes a tremendous amount of emotional energy. Like there is an reserve of motivation that, perhaps, over a life time, gets depleted. Add to that, that someplace in the back of your head you know... or suspect that it will fail because of the many failures before.

This is something that you can delude yourself blissfully one or two times.. but after the 3rd or 4th try, it starts to occur to you that this isn't going to work. So why try?

I don't feel like I am an emotional eater but for EVERYONE food is somewhat of a drug. Who hasn't gotten pleasure from knowing you could have a slice of cake or something. Most people can have that.. but when you are on a diet 9 months of the year... it builds up.

I feel like I am developing an eating disorder as it seems I am either dieting or, pigging out. Because at this point it seems like I am on a diet all the time. And I wonder what my body is trying to tell me. I believe strongly that I don't eat an outrageous diet. So does my body want me to be 50 lbs over weight? Naturally around the 50 lbs over weight point my weight stabilizes. But how can that be?

I don't feel like it is me. I feel like it is the calories in food. I can't be home all the time and typically eat breakfast and lunch out. I do my best but I can't always know what is in it. Assuming I stop that (which is a ton of work)... it seems *someone* wants me to do some large calorie load all the time. Go out for drinks, starbucks, pizza. I just feel that living in this working world dumps in too many calories for my body to really be able to handle.

I suspect people who aren't fat have bodies that are able to handle this calorie load. My sister was thin until he was 35 and then her hormones started changing and now she has gained 20 lbs. I believe that it is her metabolism that has changed I never had a strong one from the start.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous52314, unaluna